Saturday, May 14, 2011

Growing things

It's time for another go-round with the garden . . . about 6 years ago I had the best vegetable growing experience ever (for me) but since then we moved to a new house with not the best micro-climate, and its been all downhill since then. Each spring I set out to have a great edible garden, and by midsummer its a mostly neglected, struggling little patch of meh. I do fine with ornamentals, perennial veggies, and even potted tomatoes on the patio but those annual veggies stump me every time. I can't even get a decent zucchini crop out of my yard!

Well, this year will be different! (yeah, let's see). So far I've gotten into the ground:
  • sugar snap peas
  • radishes
  • carrots
  • something else that for the life of me I can't remember now (seriously!)
  • Mixed greens
  • cilantro
Everything is sprouting (even Mr. Mystery) so here's hoping! Now if we could only get above 60 degrees. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment